Saturday, July 16, 2011

Raw Diet - Day 5

So this is probably my last day. I really dont want to stop. I feel great, but it just takes so much time to make things that actually taste good, and my family isn't huge fans of what I have been cooking. 
But I am definitely going to try and keep my diet as raw as possible! 
Why not?
Today while walking through the mall they were handing out cookie samples, I didn't even really care! Crazy huh? THat is so UNUSUAL for me! Sugar cravings are something I always struggle with, but I was fine. I think having a few raw cacao cookies at home eased my mind. I can still have a little sweet, just not the refined kind. :)


Breakfast: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie 
(the best one yet!)


4-5 large swiss chard leaves (or 2 c spinach) 
Heaping Tbl of Peanut/Almond Butter
1/2-1 chopped banana (frozen if possible!!)
Handful of Frozen Blueberries
1/2 scoop of Lifetime Basics Chocolate Plant Protein (or cocoa powder)
1-2 Dates
1/2 C Almond Milk


Lunch: Spa Salad
Torn Red Leaf Lettuce
1/2 C Cooked shelled Edamame (ya- not raw- oh well)
1/2 C chopped Red Pepper
1 Green Apple Diced
1/2 C chopped Avocado
Handful of Sprouts of your choice
Spritz of Balsamic Vinegar and Salt and Pepper
Top with Honey and Nuts Munchies Mix (recipe below)

Honey and Nuts Munchie Mix (also a great snack!)
(taken from Rawsome Recipes)

1 C Almonds soaked overnight
1/2 C Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, and walnuts soaked for 2 hours
1/4 C Pumpkin seeds, soaked 1 hour
1 1/2 T Coconut Oil
2 T Raw Honey
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt

- If you prefer. Chop all nuts. I like smaller pieces and wish I had chopped all of mine. Pat nuts dry with towel. Mix Oil, honey, salt, and Cinnamon in bowl. You may need to microwave or put it over low heat on stove to blend well. Pour over nuts and stir. Dehydrate for 12-18 hours. (I ended up putting them in my oven at 200 degrees for an hour. Pull them out and let them cool, they will crisp up.
-My kids loved snacking on this!

Snack: Zucchini Carrot Bread Sandwich
picture from rawmazing.com

The recipe is HERE
I didn't LOVE the bread. It needed more flavor. But it did have a slight wheat taste from the sprouted wheat (major health benefits by the way!). I like that. When I dipped it in hummus or made a little sandwich from it - I liked it. COnsidering the high protein content from the sprouted wheat - I like this for a 'pick me up' kinda snack!

Dinner: Paradise Cafe
Hahha - Ya we went out. I actually brought leftover Felafel's with me and ordered a greek salad. I just threw the felafel's on top and it was PERFECT!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...