Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Raw Diet - Day 2

I'm not very hungry. It kind of surprises me. I usually snack ALL DAY.  I think the amount of fat and protein I take in from nuts and good fats (olive oil and avocado) are keeping me satisfied a lot longer than usual! I spent all morning in the kitchen preparing food though. One annoying thing! I'm having a hard time resisting bites from my kiddo's food, but other than that. I'm satisfied. :)

Breakfast: Raw Oat Apple Porridge

Adapted from Rawsome Recipes (in my Amazon store!)
Ingredients:
1 C Steel Cut Oats
1/4 C Buckwheat Groats (bulk food section in health store)
2-3 Pitted Dates
1 Apple, cored and chopped
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Scoop of Vanilla Protein powder (look below at first day to see what kind I love!)
Almond Milk 1/4-1/2 Cup

- Soak Oats and Groats all night. Rinse will. Puree in food processor with all other ingredients but apple. After completely pureed add apple and pulse until combined. Serve with fruit and/or nuts.

- I LOVED this! 
I could eat this every day. I felt satisfied and full. My kids even loved it!
353 Calories. 3 g Fat, 11 g Protein! See  - It's still high in protein!!


Not as good as fresh. Not extremely satisfying. :(

Snacks:
Banana, Peach, and lots of Nut and Fruit Trial Mix

Dinner: Zucchini Carrot Cakes

These were easy to make, if you have time in the morning and ALL DAY! It's just a lot of prep. They dehydrate all day. But turn out yummy. Quite satisfying I must say. :) I enjoyed it on top of a salad with Tomato and Avocado. My kids ate them with a little spaghetti sauce.
Here they are in the Dehydrator. 
Get the Recipe HERE


Dessert: Cacao Walnut Cookies
Picture from rawmazing.com

Raw Cacao Powder has some AMAZING health benefits.
  Not to be confused with the cocoa powder you have in your pantry! But if that's all you have then use it! :)
The Recipe is altered from HERE

Ingredients:
1 C Almond Flour (almonds ground in blender)
1 C Oat Flour (Oats ground in blender)
1/2 C Ground Flaxseed
1/2 C Raw Cacao Powder
2 1/2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 1/2 Tbl Unsweetened Applesauce
1/3 C Water
2 Tbl Raw Honey
1-2 Dates chopped
1 Tbl Vanilla
2/3 C Chopped Walnuts

Blend Flours and Cacao Powder. Add everything, but walnuts, and pulse until well combined. Add walnuts and pulse only till combined. Place small round flat balls on parchment paper in dehydrator for 5-6 hours. Flip half way through.
 (or in 200 degree oven for 2-3 hours - check often)

They were good. Very rich, but curbed my chocolate craving. 


I did fall into my late night trap of cereal habit. (my weakness, along with chocolate :)) So I had some raw oats with goji berries, a fresh sliced peach, and almond milk.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...