Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Raw Diet - Day 1

I thought I would try it out. For those of you who haven't heard about Raw Food Diet - its a diet where you eat uncooked 'raw' food only. No animal products, diary, or bread. Nothing Cooked! :( 
Ya- Hard core!! People swear it makes you feel amazing and it is SOOO good for you! 
To be honest, I think it's sorta crazy. 
But I do think trying it out for a little while isn't bad. It refocuses your diet, get's you back on track, and you can learn some amazing new recipes that incorporate more 'good for you' food! So I don't know how long I will last - but I'm gonna give it a try. :)

Breakfast: Green Smoothie
(this is typical for me) (except mine are purple from the blueberries :))

2 C Spinach
1/2 C Frozen Blueberries
1/2- 1 Banana (frozen if possible)
1/2 C Almond Milk
3/4 Scoop Chocolate Plant Protein
(love this Brand:)

Snack:
Ants on a log with Almond Butter! YUM
And an Apple

Lunch: Broccoli/Peach Salad
Adapted from HERE

Chop up the following:
1 C Broccoli
1/4 C Red onion
1 Peach 
1/2 Avocado
Couple Blueberries
Slivered Almonds (optional)
Raisins
Sprinkle with Balsamic Vinegar and Salt and Pepper

YUM!

-I actually really enjoyed this salad! It's different from the norm.

Afternoon Snack:Cookie Dough Bites
YUCK! It was something that sounded good. Cashews, oats, and honey. I think my cashews were rancid. Ugh!

Also, Lots of Fruit and nut trail mix!

Dinner: Broccoli Un-Stir Fry
Recipe found HERE

-I actually LOVED it! Should have chosen something besides Broccoli again. But It tasted so different from another salad. I felt satisfied. Surprisingly!

Dessert: Watermelon Sorbet 
- DiViNe!

2 C Frozen Cubed Watermelon
1/2 Frozen Chopped Banana
1-2 tsp Lime Juice
1/4 tsp Stevia Extract or Honey
1/2 C (or more) Sparkling Water

Add all ingredients and blend. Adjust the consistency of the water to what you want. For sorbet keep it less water, for a yummy Watermelon Lemonade add some more water and a touch more lime. It's great both ways!!!



Ready for this:
Here's the surprising part. Dont know if this is 100% accurate -but its way close!
Calories: 1400
Fat: 42 g
Protein: 49!!   - thats more than my daily goal!!
Note: I don't usually keep track of my calories. I don't believe in that! I just did it to make sure I was getting enough calories and protein on this diet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...