Thursday, May 1, 2014

APPLE PIE cookie dough bites!

Its never the wrong time of year for Apple Pie right?
 Who cares if its not late july picnics or beautiful fall weather, I'm going to enjoy Apple Pie ANYTIME!!
(for more apple pie fun try Easy Apple Pie or Apple Pie Oatmeal)

I have to say,  my kids L.O.V.E.D this! 
I mean - couldn't stop asking for them. 
Which made me happy. All I have to do is make a huge batch, freeze, and remove for after school snacks. SOooo easy! 
I can even throw them into a lunch for a healthy sweet treat!

Go ahead and try these!!! Let me know what you think!


1 C Regular Oats (gluten free if possible) 
1/3 C Boiling Water
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp allspice
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
pinch of Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Walnuts
1/4 C Pecans
1/2 LARGE Apple (honey crisp, pink lady, fuji) (or one small one)
1 Packet of Nunaturals Stevia (or 1/2 tsp) - to taste (or 1-2 Tbsp honey, for not sugar free)


Directions:
1) Put Oats in Blender or food processor and make Oat Flour
2) Mix in salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon with oat flour
3) Mix Oil into boiling water, and stir into oat mixture until it clumps together. Let sit a few minutes.
4) In food processor pulse nuts until chopped VERY small (almost a butter consistency, but not quite). Add in Apple with skin and pulse until apple is chopped. Add in Vanilla and Stevia.
5) Mix Oat mixture and apple mixture together. Either by hand or very lightly with food processor. You don't want to over process!
6) Roll into balls with hands (you may want to refrigerate a bit before doing this, but I never do). Roll into Oats.
7) Store in Fridge or Freezer for long term. I love microwaving for a few seconds to make them warm!
 It seriously tastes like Apple Pie Cookie Dough!!
(If you are a fan of Candied Ginger, this would probably taste great in these! 
I'm not a huge fan, but the flavors would be awesome! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...