Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blog Funk

Sorry for the recent Blog Funk! I enjoyed the christmas break too much, and just haven't had the recent energy to post so much! But I haven't stopped cooking and have found a new FAVORITE for the kids!! This is so easy, healthy, fast, and a yummy meal to feed them. My kids devour them which always leaves a smile on my face. :)

VEGGIE PANCAKES

Picture borrowed from food network
Ingredients:
2 Cups of Shredded Potato squeezed dry. (I use frozen hash-browns from the freezer section)
1 Cup of Shredded Zucchini
1/2 small onion, diced
1 large Egg, beaten
1/4 C, Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
Vegetable Oil Spray

Directions:
1) In large bowl combine vegetables. Stir in beaten egg. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. If it still seems too wet, add a little more flour.
2) Heat large frying pan. Spray generously with oil. Take a large scoop of mixture form it into a ball and place on pan. Press down carefully with spatula. Cook awhile until one side is slightly browned. Then Flip and repeat. You can transfer to the oven to keep warm, or serve immediately.

Serve with Sour Cream, Plain Greek Yogurt, or Applesauce, but my kids like it with my homemade tomato sauce. YUM!!

-The Great thing about these, is you can do almost any combination. I have done, spinach, shredded carrots, shredded sweet potato, or shredded eggplant. ENJOY!!!
-I also make a huge batch, quick freeze on cookie sheets, and then freeze to grab whenever I need them. AWeSOME!!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I did mine with egg replacer which was fine, but probably not as fluffy. Still so good. And I cooked them on my nonstick pancake griddle so I could do them fat free! Suprisingly, MY kids didn't like them. Go figure! And yet my three year old loves my Kale Toor Dal. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...