Monday, November 7, 2011

Apple Pumpkin Butter and Pear Pumpkin Butter

Sorry I've been out for a bit. We just got back from being outside of the country. It was amazing! But I am glad to be home with my good, clean food. 
Here is something I worked on before I left!

Oh my Goodness - too excited to express! I made Pumpkin Butter! 
I always thought it was so hard and time consuming - Enter the CROCK POT! 
It was SOO easy, totally low sugar, and amazing yummy!
The kids devoured it! 

Spread it on Whole Wheat Toast, French Toast, Sliced apples, Waffles, Pumpkin Butter and Banana Sandwiches, put a large scoop in some plain yogurt  - top with fruit and nuts and enjoy pumpkin yogurt! Stir a large spoonful of it into your Oatmeal for a WAY FAST version of Pumpkin Oatmeal.  Or add 1/2 to your green smoothie in the morning for a pumpin pie smoothie (like this one).

SO MANY OPTIONS!! Let me know if you have any other ideas!




Apple Pumpkin Butter
8-10 Apples Cored and Chopped (skin on for extra fiber :))
1/2 Large Pie Pumpkin (or whole small one) skinned and chopped (look here for directions)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/ 2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/4 C Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Stevia Powder for sweetness
3/4 C Pure Apple Juice

Put all ing. in Crock Pot and put on LOW heat overnight. Blend all ingredients except cinnamon sticks in blender in the morning. Place back in crock pot for 3-4 hours with lid propped open, to thicken it even more. 
Place in Freezer Jar's or Containers and Freeze or store in fridge for 3-4 days.
(trust me it won't last long! :))





For an alternative try:

Pear Pumpkin Butter
5-6 Pears Chopped and seeded
1/2 large pumpkin chopped
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 tsp Stevia for sweetness
1/2 C Pure Apple Juice
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...