Friday, June 24, 2011

Ginger Cilantro Turkey Burgers

It's Summer! Which means, I have a hard time heatin up the stove and slaving over it. BBQ'ing is the way to come by! This is when my semi-vegetarian diet get's hard. But I can relax every once and awhile right? These burgers are perfect! We LOVE them! 
Served with my Fav roasted potatoes! (recipe below) YUM!

I also made my own Whole Grain buns. Let me know if you'd like the recipe - I'm sure I'll be posting it in the future.

Ingredients:
1 Egg 
1 1/2 Tbl Soy Sauce
2 Scallions - chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbl Ginger
1/3 C Chopped Cilantro
1/3 C Crushed Wheat Crackers/or breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp Pepper
(optional additions: Flax seed and/or wheat germ!)
1 lb. LEAN Ground Turkey

Whisk Egg and Soy Sauce. Stir in remaining ingredients. 
Shape into patties about 1/2 inch thick. 
You can cook them in the skillet or on the BBQ! 

Note: They sometimes have a hard time holding together. We place a piece of non-stick tin foil (love this stuff) on the grill and poke a few holes. Lay the burgers on that and cook about 10-15 minutes.

Roasted Potatoes


I don't really have a recipe I follow. Cut up about 4-5 potatoes into half moon shapes. Place on cookie sheet lined with Non-Stick Foil.
Drizzle about 1 Tbl of Olive Oil over them.  1 tsp kosher salt and any spices you like. I use Basil, Oregano, and Thyme. But you really can use anything. Use your hands to blend everything well and coat potatoes.
Cook in oven at 450 for about 25-30 minutes.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...