Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm ALIVE!!!

If anyone is even still out there... 
I'm still here!
 Barely recovering from 2 months of the worst morning sickness I've ever had! Couldn't even read or think about my blog without getting sick! I miss healthy food and the desire for a great salad! All I can do is think about how to keep it down! Ugh. Its been miserable - but I feel like I'm on the up-hill! 

So to celebrate Fall and my love for all things pumpkin and/or apple - I wanted to share an easy, guilt free breakfast to impress!!!!!!

Cinnamon Apple Puffed Pancakes!




AND EASY!!!!!
adapted from Vitamix cookbook

Apples:
3 Cored, and thinly sliced apples
1 Tbl Coconut Oil
5 Drops liquid Stevia (or 1/2 tsp powder) or 1/2 C Sugar (AHHHH if you dare :) )
1 Ripe orange
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg

Oven to 400. In Saute pan, medium/high heat add coconut oil and orange juice. Let heat up a bit and then add apples and spices and stevia. Cook until slightly soft. Layer in lightly greased Pie Plate.

Pancake:
1/2 C Oats (GF if need be)
3 Eggs
1/2 C Soy, almond, Or 1% Milk
1 Tbl Greek yogurt (fat free plain)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Blend oats in Blender (ie. vitamix :-)) until ground fine. Add the rest of ingredients and blend for thirty seconds. Pour over apples.
Bake 20 minutes.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!!!! This looks divine! I just remembered I never messaged you back on fb cuz I kept getting hacked. Anyway, congrats and I'm glad you are feeling less miserable. Glad you are posting again-can't wait to make this! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...