Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Butternut Squash Heart Pancakes
with Apple Cinnamon Topping

I wanted to do something fun this morning.
I had a butternut squash I needed to use, so I was excited to try these.
I used THIS recipe.
Just substituting 1 cup of the flour with Oat Flour, but you can do anything you like.

Place one big spoonful on the hot pan, use your spoon to pull up the edges and shape into a heart. Adding more batter if needed.


For the topping:
Take 2 Tbl of prepared Batter, 2 Tbl of Applesauce, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp brown sugar. Stir together.
After placing batter on pan, take about a Tablespoon and drop on top of pancake. Use spoon to swirl around the top. Make sure to cook both sides well, I leave them on pretty long.
ENJOY!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...