Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm in the mood for cookies!

I have been majorly craving sugar lately, and it's driving me crazy! When this happens it makes it worse to deny myself totally! I like to create some healthier options, so I don't just binge on the worst things possible.
I was able to use my newly made Date Honey. I am in LOVE with it! I feel like its God's sweetener (I say without risk of sounding too 'tree huggerish' :))! I use it to sometimes replace fat or sugar in a recipe. Its also great on sliced apples!! YES! :)

So here is to - Peanut Butter Protein Bites


Ingredients:
2 C Whole Grain Cereal (I mix Total and Fiber One)
1/3 C of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soday
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 T Unsweetened Applesauce (or Date Honey - my new love!)
2 T Canola Oil
3/4 C Smooth All Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 C Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Puree
1/4 C Carrot Puree (I was lazy and puree'd canned carrots - not the freshest option though!)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Mini Chocolate chips

-Oven to 350
-Mix wet ingredients well

-Mix dry ingredients well (these pics are pre-mixed)

-SLOWLY blend both together. Do NOT OVER MIX

- Slowly add in mini chocolate chips.
-Place on Cookie sheet, press down slightly with fork, and bake about 9-11 minutes. (I swear every time I cook these the cooking time changes. Its hard to tell and they often overcook. So when in doubt, just take them out :))
ENJOY - My KIDS devoured these!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...