Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy No-Creamy Pasta

I love this dish! This is my go to quick meal of the week. A healthy and low fat version of cream pasta. No cream here!! Its great if I need to use a bunch of unused veggies in my fridge or for the extra speedy version, I use a bag of frozen veggies.
1 1/2 C Whole grain Rotini Pasta
1 Tbs. Olive oil
Mixed veggies (fresh or frozen)
3/4 C Low Fat Evaporated Milk
1/2 C low sodium Chicken Broth
2 Tbs. All Purpose Flour
1/3 C Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Cook Pasta according to directions. Cook Veggies. You can stir fry them in the oil, steam them, or microwave. Whisk Milk, Broth, and Flour in separate bowl. Add to skillet with veggies and cook on medium until thick and bubbly. Mix in pasta and cheese. YUM!
My Score: 4 1/2 stars
Hubby: 4 1/2 stars
3 Year old: LOVES IT!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...