Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THE BEST Cookie DISGUISE

Fat Free Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

These are the only cookies I can get away with serving to people or taking to parties. I am always so scared when people bite into them (because my husband said my taste buds can be warped :)) But these cookies always get a good reaction.
I slightly altered a recipe I found from Cooks.com
They have such a better texture and taste than applesauce cookies.
They may be a little high in sugar for my liking,
but they are EXTREMELY low fat and totally yummy and chewy!!!

Ingredients:
1 C Dried Prunes (the secret ingredient)
2 Tbs Canola Oil
1 1/2 C Sugar (you could up this if you didn't think they are sweet enough, but I think its plenty!)
(And I do use sugar instead of honey or Agave, if they are supposed to be disguised)
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 C unsifted All-purpose Flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour, but you decide)
3/4 C Hershey's Cocoa
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 C Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (crucial to this cookie!)
1/2 C Chopped Peanuts (optional - I have done it with them and without them)

Directions:
1) Take the Prunes and put into blender with a little water, just barely enough to get them moving. process until you have them as smooth as can be. You don't want it too watery, kind of the texture of peanut butter. It may help to try a food proccessor. You should have 1 C of Pureed Prunes.
2) Cream (1 Cup) Pureed Prunes, Oil, Sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla until well combined- (about 3 minutes). Combine Flour, cocoa, Baking Soda and Salt - Add to prune mixture. Stir in PB chips and Peanuts. Chill for about a 1/2 hour.
3) Shape small amount into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.

Note: I like to put my cookies into the hot oven pretty cold. You can keep the dough in the fridge between batches, or but the balls on the sheet and place the sheet into the fridge until its ready to go in.

2nd Note: DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT'S IN THEM!! THEY WILL NEVER KNOW!

ENJOY!!!!

Nutrition Facts
Per cookie: 100 Calories, 3.6 g Fat, 16 g Carbs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...