Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hubbies Fav! - Roasted Corn Chowder

I have never heard my Husband rave so much about a dinner!
And it was just a soup!
Crazy! I will have to make this again for sure!

I took the recipe from our favorite special recipe book called "Steamboat Entertains."
It's not a healthy cookbook, so I altered! I will put my changes in bold.

Soup:
3 ears of corn
1 Tbl Butter (I used a little chicken stock instead)
1/2 C Onion, diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 C Dry White Wine (I am pretty sure you can substitute apple juice if you want)
2 1/2 C Chicken Stock
1 C Heavy Cream ( I used low fat evaporated milk)
Salt and Pepper

Smoked Chile Cream:
1/2 C sour Cream ( I used low fat plain greek yogurt)
1-2 Tbl Seeded chopped Chipotle Chilies in adobo sauce (canned) (go easy, I put way to much in - they are spicy)
1 tsp fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1)Roast corn on grill (or broil turning every 5 mintues) until slightly blackened on all sides. Set aside to cool and then cut off all corn.
2) Place butter, olive oil, or chicken stock in pan and saute onion and garlic (I also added a little Anaheim peppers or you could use green chillies, just for a little kick). About 4 minutes
3) Add corn kernels and wine. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until wine is almost evaportaed.
4) Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5) Add cream or evaporated milk, cook on LOW heat for about 15 mintues. Until it has thickened slightly.
6) Puree half the soup in blender, return to saucepan and add Salt and Pepper.

7)For cream, just combine all ingredients in blender.

To Serve:
-Stir in a tbl or so of Chipotle Cream into the soup.
-We topped it with diced avocado and green onions! SO GOOD!!!!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...