Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'VE FOUND IT! - The BEST Pizza Dough!

I LOVE Pizza! The easiest meal, hands down!
Made with Whole Grains, tons of veggies, it really is a healthy option.
I like to try fun and different pizza's. A few that I have tried lately have been the Thai Pizza and Spinach and Egg Pizza. But if you don't want to get too fancy, just mix together some tomato sauce and paste, with garlic salt, oregano, and basil and spread on dough, then top with whatever you like! Easy as pie! :) Add some fruit or a salad and you are good to go!

I always prepare my dough ahead of time. Doubling it to freeze and have ready for when I want it. I let it defrost in the fridge the night before and take out 2 hours before baking to roll out and let rise. I have made probably over 10 different dough recipes!! Trying to find the best Whole Wheat Dough that isn't too dense.
I think I have found it!
Although my pizza stone cracked in the oven during the process (way sad about this! ), it still turned out really good. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It did take A LOT of prep, but the recipe gave me 4 pizza's! So I made one and froze the dough balls for a later use.

-I used White Whole Wheat flour in place of All Purpose
-I formed it into 4 balls, (not 8 personal size pizza's)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...