Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Father's Day Dinner (Or Great Summer Meal!)

I am SO bummed I forgot to take final pictures of the meal!! But it all turned out perfect. I loved the fresh taste of the chicken with the Bean Salsa and the dessert was a little out of my comfort zone, but SO worth it! My Hubby LOVED the dessert! So here we go:

Grilled Chicken with Italian Bean Salsa

Photo from Eat Better America

So fresh tasting!
Perfect for a topping on a quick BBQ chicken dinner.
You can get the recipe HERE.


Israeli Potato Salad
I LOVED this!
Taste like a juiced up regular potato salad.
Ingredient:
4 Medium Potatoes (boiled, peeled, and cubed)
1 Large Carrot, peeled, boiled, then cubed (I just steamed it)
2 Large eggs, boiled, cubed
1 small Onion, finely chopped
3-4 Tbl peas, canned or frozen (frozen is ALWAYS better)
3 Medium pickles, diced
S&P to taste
1/2-1 C Mayonnaise - Here's the catch. I used about 1/4 C of Kraft Low Fat Mayo with Olive Oil and about 1/2 C of Nayonnaise (you could also use Vegannaise -both found in health section of store. Its a better low fat version of mayo. If you don't mind a slight sour taste, use Greek yogurt for half the mayo. I LOVE this swap!)

Dessert: Sauteed Bananas with Sweet Cream
Photo From FoodNetwork.com

Get the recipe HERE

We didn't love the cream. We ended up eating the bananas with chopped almonds
(I pulsed the in the food processor with a pinch of sea salt) and some vanilla ice cream. (Or you could easily do frozen yogurt! - Which I just found a great kind at target!)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...